Food Forest Design
Time & Location
About the Event
This 4-day Food Forest Design course covers the history of designed food forests, showing you examples of successes here in NZ and overseas. Within this course we also visit 3 locations that are at different stages of development.
We will take you through options for your own design process, implementation and maintenance stages and the resources you will need to bring your design to life.
- the seven layers of planting,
- guild design
- site assessment,
- water management,
- designing in fertility and pest control,
- appropriate species for various climates (primarily focused on Canterbury),
- plant propagation and sourcing,
- integration of animals.
- Food Forest Design$320$3200$0