- Sat, 31 JulHassal Lane Community31 Jul, 9:30 am – 3:30 pmHassal Lane Community, 35 Hassals Lane, Waltham, Christchurch 8023, New ZealandJoin us for a day to absorb the principles & ethics of permaculture through an informative card game of 36 examples of permaculture concepts & projects. Followed by permaculture zoning, environment sectors, and an input-output design.
- Sat, 19 JunHassals Lane Community19 Jun, 8:45 pm – 20 Jun, 3:00 pmHassals Lane Community, 35 Hassals Lane, Waltham, Christchurch 8023, New Zealand... is about the cultural dynamic within the well-being of communities & of ourselves, and covers foundation of social permaculture & the people care ethic. We look at the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual support systems, through the seasons of the year.
- Sat, 22 MayAvebury House22 May, 8:45 pm – 23 May, 3:00 pmAvebury House , 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013The networks that form the social & cultural fabric that shapes our lives, our communities and the social design & community development. This covers economic, education, governance and decision-making processes for healthy & resilient projects, people & places.
- Sat, 24 AprAvebury House24 Apr, 8:45 pm – 25 Apr, 3:00 pmAvebury House, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandWe will cover urban living design; Natural building design - orientation & layout for natural environments & land formation, and renewable resources. Appropriate technology & sources of energy, including fossil fuels, physical renewable & bio-renewable and energy alternatives available. And, ...
- Sat, 20 MarMultiple sites20 Mar, 8:45 pm – 21 Mar, 3:00 pmMultiple sites, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandRegeneration for our city, suburban and rural areas. The importance of forest ecology and tree systems, the usefulness of natural, restorative and sustainable forestry, & fundamental principles of designing and establishing a woodlot. Plus, zone 5: the need for wild areas.
- Sat, 20 FebMultiple sites20 Feb, 8:45 pm – 21 Feb, 3:00 pmMultiple sites, 156 Peterborough Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandZone 3-4: orchard and food forest layout & design, regenerative agriculture & crops, and agroforestry systems. We also cover the management and care of large animals, including the effects of grazing and manuring, water demands, and the construction of animal structures.
- Sat, 21 NovOld 7 Oaks Site21 Nov 2020, 8:45 pm – 22 Nov 2020, 3:00 pmOld 7 Oaks Site, 35 Hassals Lane, Waltham, Christchurch 8023, New ZealandZones 1 & 2 home & backyard food production: building soil, home garden systems, seasonal crop planting, care and rotation plans, the importance of pollination, manuring and nutrient recycling, propagation & transplanting, seed saving, plus more.
- Sat, 17 OctNew Brighton Community Gardens17 Oct 2020, 8:45 pm – 18 Oct 2020, 3:00 pmNew Brighton Community Gardens, 136 Shaw Avenue, New Brighton, Christchurch 8083, New ZealandWater & soil are the foundations of any productive growing system. This weekend brings a broad view of the nature and importance of water and soil, their sources, cycles & potential for human management, along with the importance and structure of the soil food web.
- Sat, 19 SepNew Brighton Community Garden19 Sep 2020, 8:45 pm – 20 Sep 2020, 3:00 pmNew Brighton Community Garden, 136 Shaw Avenue, New Brighton, Christchurch 8083, New ZealandThis module introduces the ethics & principles of permaculture along with the ecological & environment overviews. We will also share techniques for effective learning, & wholistic design methods, along with pattern understanding... The atmosphere, climate, weather & micro-climates, forecasting, air
- Sat, 15 Aug61 Jacksons Road15 Aug 2020, 10:00 am – 3:30 pm61 Jacksons Road, 61 Jacksons Road, Lyttelton 8082, New ZealandJoin us for a day to absorb the principles & ethics of permaculture through an informative card game of 36 examples of permaculture concepts & projects. Followed by permaculture zoning, environment sectors, and an input-output design.
- Sat, 11 JulAvebury House11 Jul 2020, 9:00 am – 12 Jul 2020, 4:30 pmAvebury House, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandThis weekend is about the urban environment, appropriate technology and energy solutions, eco-buildings, natural building design & materials & design, plus ideas to retrofit your properties.
- Sat, 13 JunWaitaki Community Gardens13 Jun 2020, 9:00 am – 14 Jun 2020, 4:30 pmWaitaki Community Gardens, Chelmer Street, Oamaru 9400, New ZealandThis weekend module covers land & weather patterns, site observation, assessment criteria, analysis & evaluation. Understanding of site limitations & resources. Plus the creation of a design brief and base map for a site.
- Sat, 09 MayHosted through Zoom09 May 2020, 9:30 am – 5:00 pmHosted through ZoomIs the invisible structures & networks of the social cultural fabric that shape our lives & communities. Social Design: economics, education, health & wellbeing systems; ownership, access to resources; community development, governance & decision-making; and the nature of values, personal beliefs.
- Sat, 14 MarCanterbury14 Mar 2020, 9:00 am – 4:30 pmCanterbury, Canterbury, New ZealandThe importance and usefulness of natural, restorative, and sustainable forestry. Zone 5 the need for wild areas. Plus, regeneration for our city, suburban and rural areas. Forest Ecology and tree systems & fundamental principles of designing and establishing a woodlot.
- Sat, 08 FebLittle River08 Feb 2020, 9:00 am – 09 Feb 2020, 4:30 pmLittle River, Little River 7591, New ZealandZone 3-4 covers larger-scale farming, the management and care of large animals, including the effects of grazing and manuring, water demands, and the construction of animal structures. Regenerative agriculture & crops, and agroforestry systems. Plus, how to get income from acres.
- Sun, 25 Aug61 Jacksons Rd, Lyttelton