- Sat, Mar 20Multiple sitesMar 20, 8:45 PM – Mar 21, 3:00 PMMultiple sites, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandRegeneration for our city, suburban and rural areas. The importance of forest ecology and tree systems, the usefulness of natural, restorative and sustainable forestry, & fundamental principles of designing and establishing a woodlot. Plus, zone 5: the need for wild areas.
- Sat, Apr 17Avebury HouseApr 17, 8:45 PM – Apr 18, 3:00 PMAvebury House, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandWe will cover building design - orientation & layout for natural environments & land formation, and renewable resources. Appropriate technology & sources of energy, including fossil fuels, physical renewable & bio-renewable and energy alternatives available. Plus, reducing our ecological footprint a
- Sat, May 22Multiple sitesMay 22, 8:45 PM – May 23, 3:00 PMMultiple sites, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New Zealand... Are the networks that form the social & cultural fabric that shape our lives and communitie, social design & community development. The forms of ownership and access to resources. Our economic, education, governance and decision-making processes for healthy & resilient projects, people & places.
- Sat, Jun 19Avebury HouseJun 19, 8:45 PM – Jun 20, 3:00 PMAvebury House, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandThe cultural dynamic within the well-being of communities & the well-being of ourselves is a strong foundation of social permaculture and the people care ethic. We look at the emotional, physical, mental and spiritual support systems, through the seasons of the year, from food nutrient & preserving
- Sat, Feb 20Multiple sitesFeb 20, 8:45 PM – Feb 21, 3:00 PMMultiple sites, 156 Peterborough Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandZone 3-4: orchard and food forest layout & design, regenerative agriculture & crops, and agroforestry systems. We also cover the management and care of large animals, including the effects of grazing and manuring, water demands, and the construction of animal structures.
- Sat, Nov 21Old 7 Oaks SiteNov 21, 2020, 8:45 PM – Nov 22, 2020, 3:00 PMOld 7 Oaks Site, 35 Hassals Lane, Waltham, Christchurch 8023, New ZealandZones 1 & 2 home & backyard food production: building soil, home garden systems, seasonal crop planting, care and rotation plans, the importance of pollination, manuring and nutrient recycling, propagation & transplanting, seed saving, plus more.
- Sat, Oct 17New Brighton Community GardensOct 17, 2020, 8:45 PM – Oct 18, 2020, 3:00 PMNew Brighton Community Gardens, 136 Shaw Avenue, New Brighton, Christchurch 8083, New ZealandWater & soil are the foundations of any productive growing system. This weekend brings a broad view of the nature and importance of water and soil, their sources, cycles & potential for human management, along with the importance and structure of the soil food web.
- Sat, Sep 19New Brighton Community GardenSep 19, 2020, 8:45 PM – Sep 20, 2020, 3:00 PMNew Brighton Community Garden, 136 Shaw Avenue, New Brighton, Christchurch 8083, New ZealandThis module introduces the ethics & principles of permaculture along with the ecological & environment overviews. We will also share techniques for effective learning, & wholistic design methods, along with pattern understanding... The atmosphere, climate, weather & micro-climates, forecasting, air
- Sat, Aug 1561 Jacksons RoadAug 15, 2020, 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM61 Jacksons Road, 61 Jacksons Road, Lyttelton 8082, New ZealandJoin us for a day to absorb the principles & ethics of permaculture through an informative card game of 36 examples of permaculture concepts & projects. Followed by permaculture zoning, environment sectors, and an input-output design.
- Sat, Jul 11Avebury HouseJul 11, 2020, 9:00 AM – Jul 12, 2020, 4:30 PMAvebury House, 9 Eveleyn Couzins Avenue, Richmond, Christchurch 8013, New ZealandThis weekend is about the urban environment, appropriate technology and energy solutions, eco-buildings, natural building design & materials & design, plus ideas to retrofit your properties.
- Sat, Jun 13Waitaki Community GardensJun 13, 2020, 9:00 AM – Jun 14, 2020, 4:30 PMWaitaki Community Gardens, Chelmer Street, Oamaru 9400, New ZealandThis weekend module covers land & weather patterns, site observation, assessment criteria, analysis & evaluation. Understanding of site limitations & resources. Plus the creation of a design brief and base map for a site.
- Sat, May 09Hosted through ZoomMay 09, 2020, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PMHosted through ZoomIs the invisible structures & networks of the social cultural fabric that shape our lives & communities. Social Design: economics, education, health & wellbeing systems; ownership, access to resources; community development, governance & decision-making; and the nature of values, personal beliefs.
- Sat, Mar 14CanterburyMar 14, 2020, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PMCanterbury, Canterbury, New ZealandThe importance and usefulness of natural, restorative, and sustainable forestry. Zone 5 the need for wild areas. Plus, regeneration for our city, suburban and rural areas. Forest Ecology and tree systems & fundamental principles of designing and establishing a woodlot.
- Sat, Feb 08Little RiverFeb 08, 2020, 9:00 AM – Feb 09, 2020, 4:30 PMLittle River, Little River 7591, New ZealandZone 3-4 covers larger-scale farming, the management and care of large animals, including the effects of grazing and manuring, water demands, and the construction of animal structures. Regenerative agriculture & crops, and agroforestry systems. Plus, how to get income from acres.